Temporary Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support engineer@ Reigate, UK
Smartedge’s client is looking for Desktop Support engineer for Contract in Reigate, UK.
Candidate should be Experienced in migration of ~ 70 remote homeworker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10.
- Solely manage the migration of ~ 70 remote homeworker desktop PCs from Window 7 – 10 to include imaging, testing, liaising with affected end users and delivery logistics.
- Other responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve a wide range of technical issues, focusing on end-user technologies and supporting platforms.
- Provide excellent customer service and be a first point of call for IT support queries from internal staff. This could be via the service desk platform, phone, email, Skype, or face-to-face.
- Administer the service desk and act upon requests for change and system access.
- Work on allocated project work with IT and Business colleagues, ensuring the company’s platforms are fit for purpose.
- Proactively monitor systems and take preventative measures to reduce system downtime along with providing possible trends from re-occurring incidents to senior team members.
- Update the internal knowledgebase with both technical guides for colleagues, and system usage procedures to aid customers.
- Work collaboratively with third party support services on diagnosing and troubleshooting issues.
- Adhere to all IT security policies and assistance in enforcing and monitoring of IT security policies.
- Understand the requirements of the business and suggest appropriate technologies to help deliver business goals.
- Perform as a member of the IT Infrastructure Team, working closely with other senior team members, and colleagues across the IT department in order to support all systems and technical processes.
- Strong 1st line technical help desk experience with proven track record of support.
- Basic 2nd line technical support experience.
- Excellent experience with Microsoft platforms with a focus on end-user technologies and client workstation support:
- Windows 7 to 10 migration experience in a business environment.
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Administration of Windows shared folders, roaming, and redirected user profiles.
- Knowledge of managing Apple iOS mobile devices in a business environment, using an MDM platform.
- Knowledge of procedural best practice in a help desk environment.
- Strong knowledge of Dell end-user business hardware.
Desirable knowledge, or willingness to learn:
- Application deployment using SCCM or similar technologies.
- Exposure to virtualised system management e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- An understanding of networking and technologies, such as VPNs.
- Working within a change control environment and/or financial institution.
- Strong communication and customer service skillset is essential in order to effectively communicate to the business and understand their requirements and or issues.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise workload.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Able to conduct research into issues and process failures as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergencies.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours from time to time in order to provide the required service to our customers
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate)
We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV and call for confidential chat.
146 total views, 2 today