||The Customs Special Programs Manager will be a member of the team supporting implementation of the GE Customs Enterprise Standard and report directly to the Customs Regional Leader in Europe.
Primary responsibility will be to lead all aspects of the European special programs such as duty and tax relief and suspension schemes, foreign trade zones (FTZ),inward processing relief (IPR),duty-drawback and trusted trader programs in accordance with the GE Customs Enterprise StaStandard delivery model.
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic delivery model for European special programs.
- Maintain metrics related to duty savings and program costs to support decision making and global function reporting requirements.
- Ensure that each entity participating in a special program has all necessary permissions and rulings needed to participate in program.
- In coordination with Customs Business Process Outsource (BPO), research, document, interpret and disseminate program requirements and regulations to the business, including the monitoring and updating of any regulatory changes.
- Research and vet additional opportunities for duty savings.
- Coordinate use of special programs to ensure optimal use of programs and compliance to program requirements.
- Lead the development of a monitoring program, consistent with the Global Operations Customs (GOC) monitoring plan, to assess risk and conduct topical reviews to ensure compliance to the program requirements.
- Create process to manage and coordinate the compliance documentation for each program being utilized.
- Ensure there are trained personnel to understand program requirements and that there is a responsible person to support GE sites compliance with program requirements as necessary across 300+ sites in Europe.
- Develop and deliver consistent operational training for program compliance, including cross-functional training.
- Support responses to audits and other requests from customs administrations.
- Manage direct reports as applicable.
- 4 year College degree from an accredited university or In-country Professional Customs Certification/Accreditation or high school diploma or equivalent plus 7 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate multiple / large projects; provide direction and leadership to a network of resources; establish clear and robust goals & achievable project plans & deliverables
- Demonstrated compliance mindset
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to implement simple, fast and non-bureaucratic process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Travel required
How to Apply
Please apply via the following link:
4561 total views, 3 today