Full-Time Digital Media Officer
The British Embassy in Budapest is looking for a Digital Media Officer on a fixed term full-time maternity cover contract.
The British Embassy in Budapest is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and creative new member of the Public Diplomacy team to manage its social media. The A2 (L) Digital Media Officer will lead, develop and implement all aspects of our digital communications.
The Public Diplomacy team is responsible for the Embassy’s public communications, contributing towards delivery of the UK’s objectives in Hungary.
We are looking for a motivated and creative individual to help shape our digital communications strategy, grow our digital audience and support the smooth running of our digital channels. As part of the Public Diplomacy team you will work with colleagues across the Embassy network and our global organisation. In addition, as part of the Public Diplomacy team you will occasionally be asked to carry out media work (deal with enquiries from the media, arrange media interviews, draft press releases and background briefing documents).
You will have excellent editorial skills, with fluent spoken and written Hungarian and English, and a keen interest in politics and current affairs. You will have experience of generating and delivering digital communications and campaigns, and maintaining and enhancing engaging internet and intranet sites. You should be a confident team-player, flexible and calm under pressure, with a proven ability to work with staff at all levels in order to contribute effectively to Commonwealth Office (FCO) objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the embassy website developing content in line with gov.uk standards.
- Procure content for and regularly update embassy social media channels including Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and the Ambassador’s blog. Carry out daily check of online channels of partner organisations and share relevant information on Embassy online channels.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of embassy-wide public diplomacy projects and advise colleagues on the best use of online communications.
- Write and edit policy articles for the website promoting the Embassy’s activities in English and Hungarian.
- Design and deliver web campaigns to achieve embassy objectives, including using interactive web spaces. Evaluate the success of web work, including setting key performance indicators, monitoring visitor statistics, feedback and participation.
- Develop excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the Embassy who provide website content, and with external partners and the FCO’s Europe digital communications hub.
- Take photographs and record videos of events for use on the Embassy website, YouTube and Flickr channels.
- Train, supervise and coach backup website editor.
- Enhance internal communication within the embassy by communicating up-to-date news on embassy Intranet; build and maintain embassy SharePoint site.
- Design creative material for print and online publication, including electronic invitations in accordance with FCO Branding Guidelines and FCO project guidelines.
Essential Skills and Experience
Digital communications, web and IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and a keen interest in digital and social media and trends
- Strong experience of building and engaging online audiences through social media and writing for the web
- Excellent editorial skills, an ability to write and edit engagingly in both Hungarian and English using the appropriate tone of voice aimed at a variety of audiences.
- Solid experience of managing websites or online communities (please give URLs for websites or communities where you were the sole or main manager)
- Ability to design, deliver and evaluate campaigns using the full range of social media channels
- Experience of content management systems, website analytical tools, and image and video editing software, graphic design are highly desirable (please include examples of graphic design that you have created in your motivation letter).
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- Proven experience in managing and delivering a demanding workload
- Ability to work on your own initiative and respond flexibly to changing priorities
- Keen eye for, and ability to shoot and edit, photographs and videos
You should be willing to take a test that will demonstrate your essential skills as part of the interview process.
The British Embassy in Budapest is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Our office in Budapest has around 40 staff.
Terms and Conditions
The salary is HUF344,826 gross per month, payable thirteen times per year. In addition, staff may be eligible for bonuses depending on their performance. This is a full-time of 5 days (40 hours per week including 1 hour lunch break per day) maternity cover contract on a fixed term basis. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is in line with Hungarian local labour law, and the Embassy also enjoys an average of 14 Hungarian / UK public holidays per year.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and is expected to commence employment as soon possible as possible. All candidates must have pre-existing work authorisation for Budapest in order to apply.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and job application in English by email only to Budapest.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk. The application form is available on the (British Embassy website](https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-budapest/about/recruitment). Complete all sections and use the ‘Supporting Statement’ box to explain clearly the motivation, skills and experience you could bring to this role.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2013. Interviews will take place in the week beginning 16 December 2013. Please note that, because of the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact you if we need you to attend an interview. If you do not hear from us you should assume that your application has not been successful.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. All applications are treated on merit.
3157 total views, 1 today