Full-Time FINANCE ASSISTANT
You are a passionate Finance professional; you enjoy planning, working with financial reports and data. You are energetic, meticulous and organised. You are not afraid of working hard and you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact? This challenge is for you.
Start date As soon as possible.
Contract One-year, local, full-time contract, renewable.
Salary Ranging HUF 200,000-218,000 net depending on skills and experience.
Application deadline: 20th March 2018.
The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Hungary.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
The Finance Assistant has particular responsibility for different areas of the financial operations such as: administration of the regional office accounting, partners financial administration, monitoring of the policies / procedures and risk assessment through administration of financial documentation and reports, follow up of the project expenditures, financial documentation filing system administration.
- Maintenance of delegation accounting on daily basis;
- Ensure recording of entries (cash, bank and corrective transactions etc.) and allocation of costs to different donors contracts;
- Perform financial controls to assure that all expenditures reflect project financial procedures;
- Perform financial controls to verify presence of financial documentation and alignment in correlation with the various cash, bank transaction and allocations of costs to different donors contracts;
- Support in budget follow-up;
- Anticipate project needs and best practices in budget and financial matters;
- Receive partners’ financial reports and controls the proper use of the funds in conformance to all financial procedures;
- Preparation of draft financial reports for Terre des hommes donors;
- Preparation of staff cost calculation sheet and reconciliations of supporting documentations related to staff costs;
- Assist in the preparation of the financial audits;
- Support the preparation of financial training for the partners;
- File and maintain proper records for all the above on computer book-keeping package (hard copy and electronic copy);
- Manage cashbox in absence of the Office Assistant.
- University degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of 1 year of previous experience in accounting and finances, ideally in NGO;
- Successful track record of work with donors (Europe Aid, SDC, DFID; ECHO; UN; etc.);
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting, budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner;
- Manage high volume of work flow efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision;
- Resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data. Ability to interpret financial information and reports;
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment;
- Very good oral and written skills in English and Hungarian.
How to ApplyQualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Finance Assistant, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email. Please indicate in the email content where you found our Vacancy Announcement. Child Safeguarding Policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy. Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
575 total views, 1 today