Full-Time Head of IT
TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business,operating in 23 countries in partnership with some of the world’s most recognizable brands and retailers, including Kraft/Mondelez, Procter & Gamble, Nestlé, L’Oreal, British American Tobacco, and E.J Gallo to recycle previously non-recyclable waste (like juice pouches, beach plastic, candy wrappers, personal care packaging, cigarette butts and wine corks).
Located in a start up-like office in the heart of Budapest, we are looking for a Head of IT to join us and lead our global IT team. The IT team is currently a team of 20, split between web developers and help desk. The developers are responsible for managing the web-based projects in Ruby on Rails, while the help desk supports the entire IT infrastructure in all countries.
- Plan the full budget efficiently and precisely
- Plan, execute, oversee and document all aspects of global IT projects
- Directly manage team of web developers and help desk
- Prioritize incoming IT requests from CEO and other executives
- Maximize the efficiency of production efforts by coordinating the various teams
- Manage and set expectations with stakeholders and business partners
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous improvement of web developer team
- Work with the CEO and other executives to develop a technical strategy for the company
- Attend and drive meetings/calls with clients in English
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure
- Make hiring decisions and help build the developer team.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar IT field
- Economics/Finance or Tech related degree, or direct experience in these fields
- Fluency in English (business and technical speak)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks, project manage, and motivate a team of 30+
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management tools
- Strong negotiation skills (oral and written)
- Familiarity with PCI and GDPR
- Resourcefulness with can-do attitude
- Flexible working hours and place (occasional home office is possible)
- Friendly, supportive atmosphere
- Competitive salary
How to ApplyInterested candidates should apply by sending cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
472 total views, 1 today