Full-Time Research Associate II – Modelling and Simulation – Budapest
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Our multidisciplinary Modeling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modeling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
Implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Support scientific and financial project management, scoping, tracking progress, and team work for multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Implement one or more of the following under direction:
- Design and development of health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions, using simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition).
- Program the models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation specialized software (e.g., Arena).
- Conduct literature reviews with emphasis on extracting data pertinent to health economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
- Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, user guides, model specifications and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Track budget and expenses and monitor timelines and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g., draft proposals; informal mentoring of junior staff; develop relations with colleagues within the company).
- Travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Health Economics, Operations Research or Industrial Engineering. Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering with more than two years of relevant work experience. PhD or Master’s degree in other fields will be considered (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Epidemiology) with relevant experience programming simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel with VBA.
What you bring to Evidera
- Practical knowledge of research project implementation.
- Familiarity with mathematical and simulation modeling.
- Experience working with modeling/simulation software, in particular Microsoft Excel using VBA.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of basic statistics.
- Energy, a great work attitude and fit well with our team.
- Strong organization skills.
- Competent in written and spoken English.
- Required: Excel and VBA expertise, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Desired: Experience using other simulation and/or decision-analysis software (e.g., Arena, TreeAge).
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our office locations have great amenities and frequent social events. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
How to Apply
1270 total views, 1 today