This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full-Time Research Associate III (Senior Health Economist) – Modelling and Simulation (Health Economics) – London or Budapest
Our multidisciplinary Modelling and Simulation (HEOR) experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modelling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state transition, survival partition), research and analytics, a position in Modelling and Simulation could be waiting for you!
We are looking for a Research Associate III (Senior Health Economist – HEOR) to implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Manage multiple projects with tasks varying to degree by project.
Responsible for assisting the Principal Investigator with project management scoping, tracking progress, and delegating tasks to the project teams working on multiple projects. You will also:
- Implement one or more of the following with guidance from the Principal Investigator:
- Design and development of health economic (HEOR) modelling to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions.
- Program the models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation specialized software (e.g., Arena) and conduct model validations.
- Conduct literature reviews with emphasis on extracting data pertinent to health economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
- Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, user guides, model specifications and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Responsible for developing a project plan and monitoring project progress (budget, timelines and deliverables) for multiple projects.
- Delegate tasks to junior staff as appropriate.
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g., draft proposals and budgets; informal mentoring or supervision of junior staff; develop relations with colleagues within the company).
- Travel may be required.
What you bring to Evidera:
- Practical knowledge of research project implementation and experience of project management.
- Familiarity with mathematical and simulation modeling.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology and literature review principles.
- Experience working with modeling/simulation software, in particular Microsoft Excel using VBA.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of basic statistics.
- Energy, a great work attitude and fit well with our team.
- Strong organization skills.
- Competent in written and spoken English.
- Required: Excel and VBA expertise, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Desired: Experience using other simulation and/or decision-analysis software (e.g., Arena, TreeAge).
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering with greater than 2 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant work experience. PhD or Master’s degree in other fields will be considered (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology) with relevant experience of programming simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) or other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel with VBA.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organisations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Why Choose Evidera?
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all of our staff.
Our London and Budapest offices are conveniently located close to transport links, local shops, and restaurants. In addition, our London offices offer complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment.
Our mission is to be the global leader in generating and communicating evidence of product value to inform healthcare decision making.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete your online profile by attaching your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role. All applications are reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
1549 total views, 2 today