Temporary Software Engineer
Startup seeks experienced and dependable developers for the creation of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). We need 2 contract developers, one back-end and one front-end. Must be able to architect and create a multipart, e-commerce, web application from the ground-up. You’ll plan a 3 month development cycle to deliver a completed MVP. Development process will be iterative with real-time feedback from the product owner. This is your opportunity to spend 3 months doing things right, while bringing to life a vision for a greener, better reality.
Our goal is to create the top green alternative to existing online marketplaces. Green ecommerce is having exponential year-over-year growth. In the U.S. alone, the market for eco-friendly household and consumer products is now worth more than US$250B per year. We aim to capture a portion of this growing green market.
As the lead engineers, you’ll be fully responsible for a timely and viable end product. As such, you’ll design and create a scalable, elegant, and easy-to-use platform. Among others, you will:
- Architect a platform from the ground-up for ease of maintenance and scalability
- Ship features on an aggressive schedule
- Communicate effectively about development progress
- Interface with product while setting, meeting, and managing expectations
- Work in a self-directed manner
- Have the opportunity to expand your abilities and work in innovative ways such that you will (a) research, present, and implement cutting edge technologies; (b) make a strong case for the adoption of particular technologies; and (c) ensure that technology implementation is actionable, practical, and maintainable
- Back End:
- SEARCH is one of the primary differentiating features of the product. You must be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about modern search and database technologies.
- User management, including authentication, authorization, and onboarding
- Implement inventory management
- Create e-commerce and payment features
- Backend development experience with an understanding of how the full software stack works together
- Front End:
Qualifications & Relevant Experience
We seek exceptional female and male engineers who read, write, & speak working English.
- Strong experience with at least two major languages in your field
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and anti-pattern
- Have built scalable, production-level applications
- Understand the challenges of maintaining production software
- Have been a software lead on at least one major project
- Have a good working knowledge of the technologies you’ve worked with
Compensation: Above average pay for the right applicants.
How to ApplySend resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
362 total views, 2 today