Full-Time Desktop Support Technician
A financial service company is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer with advanced knowledge of MS Excel. The ideal candidate must have a wide knowledgebase including end-user support, small business networking, Active Directory and basic server technologies used by small businesses.
- 1-2 year experience of providing end user IT support
- Some exposure to Windows System and Network Administration
Key responsibilities include:
- Reset passwords, unlock accounts, create new accounts, and give permissions to various systems.
- Provide desktop support to users – Windows 7, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, VPN, printers, mobile devices, etc.
- Test and image desktops/laptops
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot software and hardware peripherals
- Onboarding/Offboarding users
- Perform basic Active Directory tasks (create/delete users, password, account lockouts, distribution lists, folder permission, etc.)
- Participate in IT maintenance (server patching, backups)
- Provide technical expertise in assigning projects and related initiatives to enhance or support the IT environment.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and related IT infrastructures.
- Write technical procedures and/or supporting documentation for the applications including operational usage or procedures, user guides, etc.
- Participate in projects and perform other duties as may be assigned by the IT department.
- Troubleshoot and maintains MS Excel and Access based utilities; update and create macros using VBA.
- un basic SQL queries
Key skills include:
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Folder Permissions, Network Shares, and network connectivity
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and troubleshooting experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Programming experience in MS Excel/VBA and MS Access
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.
How to ApplyTo apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
225 total views, 5 today