Full-Time HR Assistant
: Sep 22, 2020, 8:11:22 AM
: Sep 27, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
: HQ/HBP HR Business Partners
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Team Lead in the HQ Sourcing and Recruitment Team and provides a range of administrative assistance in the day-to-day activities related to technical HR work in the area of human resources with a focus on providing support in one or more of the following areas: outreach, selections, recruitment, roster management, and on-boarding.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Human Resources and Talent Management (HRT) is responsible for providing a sound, well managed, responsive and efficient organization-wide Human Resources Management strategy and global HR advisory services which support the work of WHO and its Member States, encompassing, but not limited to: HR Policy Development, Organizational Design and Job Classification, Talent Management (including Succession Planning, Global staffing, Career Development and Training, Rotation and Mobility), application of the UN Common system’s Compensation and Benefits, HR Legal Advisory Services, Administration of Justice, Global Staff/Management relations, representation of WHO in inter-agency UN Common System HR initiatives.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
In relations to the division/departments/programmes assigned, the HR Assistant will provide support in some, or all, of the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Assists the responsible officer in:
a. Identifiyng the best and most appropriate outreach activities to target the talent.
b. Sourcing potential candidates through various channels, such as hosting or participating in career events/job fairs, online channels (social platforms, professional networks).
c. Managing a variety of outlets, such as job postings and social media, while effectively targetting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
II. Recruitment and Selection:
1. Assist the responsible Officer(s) in activities and processes related to the recruitment of Fixed-term and Temporary Staff (all categories), and consultants:
a. Drafts and ensures accuracy of vacancy notices, and posts them on the Intra/Internet, via standard distribution. Drafts appropriate screening questions;
b. Generates preliminary screening of applicants on the basis of agreed criteria; generates spreadsheet using the on-line recruitment system to facilitate review by the HR officer, hiring manager and subsequent selection panel;
c. Ensures all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff including preparing recruitment panel files, scheduling interviews, arranging for video conferencing facilities, organizing travel as required, and monitoring of testing;
d. Conducts reference searches and enters candidate profiles in GSM; and
e. Initiates preliminary version of selection panel reports (by inserting posting and screening information) and prepares selection background for submission to approving authority.
2. Provides assistance to staff members and/or applicants under selection or under reassignment and ensures that support and accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner.
3. Liaises with the Global Service Centre to provide information and obtain clarification on specific staffing cases, particularly in relation to queries from candidates on entitlements and benefits, and during the on-boarding and separation processes.
4. Maintains an up-dated and efficient tracking system to ensure cases are efficiently managed within the allocated timeframe and in the most effective way; maintains all necessary records, databases and statistics to allow comprehensive filing, tracking and analysis.
5. Drafts reports and messages, prepares formal HR correspondence to both staff members and managers.
6. Organizes meetings, teleconferences, and selection panels and all related logistics; ensure completeness of all documentation and information for the meeting.
7. Acts as the focal point for all administrative questions in relation to the topics covered.
8. Liaises with different Clusters within WHO to share, search for information and proactively develop new useful contacts.
9. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary school supplemented by training in administrative/HR work.
Desirable: Additional relevant higher education and advantage.
Essential: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in HR or administrative work.
Desirable: Two years’ recent experience in a WHO or UN administrative division, preferably in the area of Human Resources, to have a sound knowledge of the Staff Regulations and Staff Rules, procedures and practices as related to the work.
- Strong analytical skills and good sense of judgement
- Ability to draft in English neatly, concisely and grammatically correct
- Very good organization skills
- High sense of prioritization and attention to details
- Discretion and tact; ability to handle and preserve confidential information
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels in the Organization and to proactively search for information
- Ability to plan and at the same time work well under pressure
- Customer orientation, cultural sensitivity and good business ethics
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to innovate
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, procedures and office practices is desirable
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at HUF 5,267,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level and for Fixed-term and Temporary contractual arrangements with varying contract durations.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
How to ApplyPlease apply https://careers.who.int/careersection/in/jobdetail.ftl?job=2002196&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname=
200 total views, 4 today