Full-Time Regional HR Manager
Position Start Date: June 2017
Location: Budapest is preferred location for the position, but other Terre des hommes office locations in the region may be considered (Tirana, Bucharest, Chisinau or Pristina) with frequent travelling in Central and Eastern Europe.
General conditions: Local full-time contract, up to 1891 EUR net/month based on skills, experience and location. No expatriate benefits.
The Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child right NGO in Switzerland established over 50 years ago. We operate in over 30 countries and 100 projects of development aid and emergency affecting over 2 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. Our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of maternal and child health and child protection.
In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in 22 countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
Tdh in Europe is currently undergoing a major organizational transformation in line with its new regionalization strategy, which foresees the further development of a regional hub operated from Budapest and the establishment of innovative programmatic management logic.
As a new position within the recently established Europe Zone Regional Hub team, the expectations of the Regional HR Manager role are as follows:
- Based on the progress already achieved and on the strategy of the Foundation in the region, make an exhaustive inventory of the HR stakes and challenges at regional and country level, map the priority areas of improvement and develop a roadmap with the Head of Zone and the Country Delegates / Country Directors.
- Support and advise human resources administration and/or the management teams in their daily work for all human resources related issues. The Regional HR Manager role provides full-cycle human resources support to the Terre des hommes Foundation’s Europe Zone / Regional Office and the country delegations and offices in the region.
- As a pilot position for the Foundation, actively participate to the design and development of the global HR policy of the organization with the Human Resources Directorate, which mainly implies the worldwide improvement of the workforce planning, talent acquisition and sourcing, careers and talent management as well as learning & development processes through the development of a better HR partnering with the Operations and up to date HR shared services.
- Manage recruitment and position changes for the Regional Hub and Regional Delegation, including staff inductions;
- Provide guidance, support and advise to local HR focal points relating to recruitment, position changes and inductions to ensure consistency of approach across the region;
- Assists the Head of Zone in any organisational restructuring required to effect the delivery of Tdh’s strategy within the region;
- Develop, implement and maintain a regional staff compensation & benefits framework;
- Manage the implementation of Tdh’s global HR policies as they are developed and become available;
- Exhaustively map the current skills and capacities of staff within the region, and in consideration of
Tdh’s global and regional strategies and any specific challenges identified in collaboration with management teams within the region, develop and implement capacity development plans as necessary;
- Ensure that the annual performance appraisal processes within the region are conducted in a timely manner and track the implementation of resultant actions.
- Ensure that appropriate employee Health and Safety processes and procedures are in place across the region;
- Provide professional guidance, coaching & mentoring to HR administrators & managers involved in HR processes;
- Be the focal point within the region for guidance and advise relating to the movement of staff into, out of and with the region, which could include but is not limited to matters relating to visa requirements, relative salary scales, access to state provided benefits;
- Actively participate in a wide range of design and development activities relating to Tdh’s global HR policies, in particular, but not limited to:
- Improvement of workforce planning
- Talent acquisition and sourcing
- Careers and talent management
- HR shared services
- Learning & development processes
- In conjunction with Head of Zone and HR Director (Lausanne), develop the current Regional HR Manager job description into a comprehensive ‘Business as usual’ version;
- Manage HR elements of any regional change management activities in collaboration with or as substitute for any appointed Change Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or management;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in human resources with HR management level responsibility;
- Proven success and experience in field based human resources activities and leadership;
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and administrative skills; ability to self-direct in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
- Credible HR professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Strong leadership competency including demonstrated project management, facilitation and influencing skills;
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation;
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken English. An additional Eastern European language would be advantageous.
General Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration within a matrix organisation;
- Respectful of the roles, responsibilities and competences of leaders and peers;
- Self-controlled, with leadership skills to support and counsel others;
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills;
- Being able to learn from difficult experiences and capitalize on mistakes and seize opportunities.
How to ApplyTo apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV, motivation letter, and 2 professional references (one of the references must be from most recent supervisor) to email@example.com by May 28, 2017. Please include “Regional HR Manager Application and your full name” in the subject line. Child Safeguarding policy: To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
661 total views, 1 today