This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full-Time Research Associate II – Modeling and Simulation
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.
Our multidisciplinary Modeling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modeling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
Implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Support scientific and financial project management, scoping, tracking progress, and team work for multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Implement one or more of the following under direction:
o Design and development of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions.
o Program models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation specialized software .
o Conduct literature reviews with emphasis on extracting data pertinent to health economic evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses.
o Conduct basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
o Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, user guides, model specifications and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Track budget and expenses and monitor timelines and deliverables for multiple projects.
- Support other “non-billable” activities as needed (e.g., draft proposals; informal mentoring of junior staff; develop relations with colleagues within the company).
Education and Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or Bachelor’s degree in a similar program with more than two years of relevant work experience. Experience with programming simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel or R is preferred.
What you bring to Evidera
- Practical knowledge of simulation modeling and implementation using Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience with VBA, R, or other programming languages.
- Candidates with prior experience in health care modeling and health-economic outcomes research preferred
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of basic statistics.Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and relationships in a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment.
- Basic understanding of research methods.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organization skills..
- Energy, a great work attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment..
- Competent in written and spoken English.
Computer Skills Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills. Proficiency in e, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Desired: Experience implementing simulation models/ decision-analytic software (e.g., R, TreeAge, Anylogic, Arena).
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our office locations have great amenities and frequent social events. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
How to ApplyPlease apply via the link provided: https://www.evidera.com/careers/current-opportunities/?postid=sw-GEItNSpM
804 total views, 1 today