Full-Time Web Developer
We’re looking for a talented web developer to work on a greenfield project for a customer with millions of dollars venture capital funding along with existing projects, both internal and for customers. We’re looking for someone who can start working on live projects right away.
We have a fundraising platform which is used by some very well known charities
Our team of web developers work across the entire stack, creating innovative and pragmatic solutions that allow the websites, web and mobile applications we create and maintain perform reliably at scale.
Skills & Requirements
- Building and debugging websites and web applications
- Collaborating with other team members, sharing ideas and finding solutions
- Writing scalable code that will handle significant traffic peaks
- Writing tested code that has tests, is tested and can be tested as part of an automated testing pipeline
- Conduct peer reviews of code (including configuration and infrastructure code)
- Responding to customer questions about your work
- Juggling bugs and feature requests according to business and customer priorities
- Occasional participation in the 24/7 emergency on-call rota (our systems are robust, we have had a single critical out-of-hours failure in the last 12 months)
Skills you have
- Object Orientated PHP (including frameworks like Laravel, CakePHP, Slim or similar)
- Relational databases (such as MySQL and PostgreSQL)
Other nice to have technologies that we use
(it would benefit us if you had hands-on experience with them or would be keen to learn)
- We’ve been containerizing our applications and servers since before it was cool and use LXC, Docker and Kubernetes to simplify the management of servers and applications
- We use automated Vagrant and/or Docker development environments that mirror our production setups to avoid Works On My Machine Syndrome
- We abhor configuring servers by hand, hate SSHing to them and use DevOps tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and Rundeck to automate the provisioning, configuration and management of our servers. Our servers are cattle, not pets
- A significant number of our customers run Elasticsearch, some deploy with Capistrano
- Logging and monitoring (tools like Logstash, Kibana, Graphite, StatsD)
About Hello Future
We’re a small and dynamic company with plenty of interesting clients and challenging internal projects. We have customers but we’re more of a consultancy than an agency like setting. Our customers tend to listen to us and while you always need to be pragmatic in business, we implement the best technical solution wherever possible.
Everyone at Hello Future needs to:
- Agree that our customers should always have a positive experience when dealing with us and do everything possible to ensure that happens
- Be upfront and honest with the team on the issues or challenges that are faced. If you think something is being done in the wrong way you should say so because your opinion matters
- Be happy to explain the solution you’ve arrived at if someone thinks there might be a better way to do it
- Understand that the best technical solution may not always be the most pragmatic one for our customers.
- Monthly Social Activities
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Gap between Christmas and New Year paid holiday
- MacBook Pro and large screen to work on
- Company pension scheme with up to 6% matched contribution
What kind of people work at Hello Future?
Hello Future is an equal opportunity employer. We’re incredibly keen to add people to the team from all backgrounds and experiences. Most of all, we’re committed to a work environment of respect and kindness.
How to Apply
Applying for the roleIf you would like to apply, please send your CV along with covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit to email@example.com
493 total views, 1 today